The Iowa Hall of Pride... showcases the achievements of all Iowans, from student athletes to sports legends, movie stars to scientists. Interactive, hands-on exhibits tell the stories of Iowa heroes while teaching about the state and its history. Whether you're 8 or 80 years old, you are sure to have an exciting time!
NEW - Audio Tours Added
Take a brief audio tour of the Iowa Hall of Pride...
Interactive exhibits make up the Iowa Hall of Pride. The following exhibits and amenities are samples of the exciting opportunities available to visitors touring the Iowa Hall of Pride.Spirit of Competition Theater - Click for MP3 Overview
A 180º panoramic theater surrounds visitors with the sights and sounds of intense sporting events, engaging them in the action and emotion of competition in Iowa.
Centrally located in the Iowa Hall of Pride, the Girls' Basketball Exhibit features a look at the sport's 110-year history from its' start in Six-Girl Basketball to where it is today. You can even go virtual when you step in front of a green screen and take on an opponent in a game of high-tech basketball action!
Remember your pitch pipe for the Iowa Hall of Pride's Choir Exhibit. Here, visitors can sing along to several classic tunes including America the Beautiful, As the Saints Go Marching In, and Jingle Bells within a glass-enclosed choir performance area.
Featuring Iowa legends like "Rapid" Robert Feller of Van Meter, Casey Blake of Indianola, and Jenny Voss of Ankeny the Baseball & Softball exhibit in the Iowa Hall of Pride showcases uniforms, equipment, and memorabilia as well as interviews with baseball and softball greats who call Iowa home. And for those who think they can call balls & strikes, there's even a 3-D Umpire Game where you get to make the call!
Since the first tip-off in Iowa in 1893, boys' basketball has spread quickly, becoming one of Iowa's most popular sports. Learn about Iowa greats who took to the basketball courts while watching game highlights and interviews of this state's best. You won't want to miss Nick Collison talking about what it's like to play in the NBA!
Serving as mentors, friends, and neighbors, Iowa's high school sports officials are role models, both during and after the game. The Officials Exhibit features a kiosk of videos and information dedicated to the great officials in our state!
You will definitely "dig" the Iowa Hall of Pride's Volleyball Exhibit! Centered around the "Video Volleyball," this exhibit features four video monitors of volleyball players in action. Visitors can access volleyball trivia and statistics throughout this interactive exhibit.
- The Iowa Hall of Pride is the first and only one of its kind in the nation.
- A project of the Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), the Iowa Hall of Pride honors past and present Iowa high school students involved in extracurricular activities including athletics, academics, and the arts. The Hall was designed to celebrate notable graduates and their achievements in all Iowa communities over the past 100-plus years!
- The Vision Iowa board awarded the IHSAA $5 million for the Iowa Hall of Pride.
- The Iowa Hall of Pride encompasses 26,000 square feet.
- The Iowa Hall of Pride is located in the Iowa Events Center on the first floor of HyVee Hall.
- With countless touch screens and interactive games, each of the Hall's 26 exhibits tell the stories of Iowa's rich traditions in education and extracurricular activities.
- Eight interactive kiosks showcase outstanding alumni, individual and school accomplishments, and outstanding attractions in each of the towns and cities that make up the 403 school districts in Iowa.